MAC desktop install of IPassword 6 did not update on master password change ??

Options
myhost316
myhost316
Community Member

Hi,
So I updated my master password by logging in online to my account via 1password. I have the 1Password X chrome extension installed and when I login via the extension I use the new updated master password, no issues. When I open the 1Password desktop MAC version, I cannot login using the new master password, but I can login using the old master password. How can I get the desktop version to update and use the new master password?
Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@myhost316 - Sorry for the trouble! From your description, it sounds as if you may be using an older Master Password in 1Password for Mac because you may have an existing Primary (local) vault there. Is that the case? If not, do you have more than one 1password.com account added to the 1Password for Mac app? Your installation of 1Password for Mac uses as its Master Password the vault password of the first vault or account you add, to then unlock all the other vaults/accounts you add in the future. Essentially, if the account you changed the Master Password for in 1Password X isn't the one you added first into 1Password for Mac, then it will keep using whatever you DID add first as the Master Password there.

• sarahgrant
    sarahgrant
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue, but lost my password for 1Password 6. I deleted and then added 1Password 7, it opens on the web but not from the Mac or browser (Safari). How do I fix, support is not answering me! HELP!!

• sarahgrant
    sarahgrant
    Community Member
    Options

Macbook pro version 10.13.5 High Sierra

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @sarahgrant! It looks like you're already having an email conversation with my colleague Kaitlyn. Let's keep the conversation going over there, since when we have to stop and coordinate multiple responses to the same question among multiple people here, it slows down the support experience for everyone, including you. Thanks. :)

ref: ZGK-66799-339

• sarahgrant
    sarahgrant
    Community Member
    Options

Well she is not answering me, I have attempted to get a response for the last 3 days! Thanks!

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sarahgrant You've emailed her a lot so you'll keep going to the bottom of her list for replies—that's just a little quirk in our email system! She'll get back to you very soon, sorry for the wait. :)

• sarahgrant
    sarahgrant
    Community Member
    Options

ok
    Thanks, I got 1password6 to work again, so feel a little better

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sarahgrant - great! On behalf of Henry, Laura and myself, you're quite welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.