1Password asks for proxy authentication

Options
dawe
dawe
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I know that our IT guys put a proxy in place. I can see it in the Windows settings. But nowhere I have to use an explicit configuration for this proxy.

So why is 1Password asking for an explicit proxy configuration as it starts? What triggers this? IT does not want to configure 1Password explicitly.

If I cancel this dialog I can see that 1Password has 2 TCP connections established to an EC2 instance. Anyway, I will see an app crash notification and 1Password seems not to sync.

Are you using any special URLs I could check if they are currently blocked?

What am I missing here?

I am on the beta update channel.

1Password Version: 7.0.519
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hi @dawe,

Thanks for writing in.

1Password only asks for this when it makes a connection to the Internet and it gets a response back saying authentication is required for the proxy server. Windows does not pass on the credentials to us in all cases, so if we don't have valid credentials, you'll have to put it in manually.

1Password needs access to 1Password.com domain on secure HTTPS (443) port. It's mostly HTTPS connections to 1Password.com and a secure websocket (wss://) connection to 1Password.com for our sync notifier.

If you email us your 1Password diagnostics report, we can give you more details on what's going on. Use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• dawe
    dawe
    Community Member
    Options

At least in the browser, I can access https://1Password.com without problems. Might be the wss:// connection.

Just sent out the required diagnostics report.

• Hi @dawe,

Most companies per-configured web browsers by default, so they'd work out of the box properly and they don't apply it to third party apps like 1Password. Even if wss:// connection doesn't work, we still perform a fallback sync via the regular https:// connection.

We got your report and will reply to your email as soon as possible.

ref: IDU-91972-877

This discussion has been closed.