Fill-in of any fields?

HimHow can I configure an identity in such a way that the country of origin or other data such as any IDs are filled in?

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.6 (686003)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Grapefruitmoon,

At the moment it is not possible to add custom data to an item that 1Password will use for filling so I apologise for the less than desirable answer. The Credit Card and Identity items have certain default fields which they will try to fill. Now the address with it's various sub-parts (including country) are one of the bits 1Password will try to fill with so if you find that 1Password is partially filling address details but not the country then we would love to learn about the site where you experienced this. At the moment we look for a number of clues as to the purpose of a field and while these clues often work sometimes we find sites where they fail and we need to improve 1Password.

If I've misunderstood at all please do correct me.

• Grapefruitmoon
    Grapefruitmoon
    Community Member

Hello, I also use 1password to register with ICOs. That's where filling in the form has to be done very quickly. Various data are queried: e. g. identity card number, wallet address, telegram ID, telegram number. I had no idea that it was so difficult to configure free fields

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Grapefruitmoon,

If what you're after is akin to free-form filling, filling of arbitrary data into any page then 1Password probably won't be a great fit. When I say arbitrary I simply mean anything we haven't considered and created specific fields for in the 1Password fillable items. 1Password is designed to help with the common actions that people tend to do on a regular basis online. First in that list is logging into a site which the Login item covers and then Identity and Credit Card items for when you're making purchases or registering for services. I'm assuming the Telegram ID and number refer to the Telegram messaging service, the identity card number is something country specific but the wallet address I'm unsure of, maybe referring to a cryptocurrency? If the wallet address is a normal physical address then an Identity item should work and if it isn't working we would love to learn where it isn't. If it's a different kind of address as I'm suspecting it is then it does still fall into the area I was describing. I'm sorry my answer couldn't have been more positive but I hope you still find 1Password useful with other common online tasks.

This discussion has been closed.