Why does 1PasswordX lock when the computer is locked?

It's quite a hassle to unlock 1PasswordX every time we return to our computers.

If a security-conscious person is away from their computer then they shall lock their computer when away from it anyway; in which case 1PasswordX is inaccessible.

I intend to return to the regular browser extension until this is addressed.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 1.4.0
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• dteare
    edited February 2018

Good morning @Noffica,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. 1Password X has very specific locking requirements partially due to some of the design decisions we made during initial development. At the moment we keep a single session with the server alive at all times and locking this way is required us to make sure we cleaned up everything when your computer locked.

In today's 1.5 release we've changed a great deal underneath the hood and we're no longer limited here. So in a future release we should be able to allow you to disable this locking behaviour. It's a pretty popular request so I'm hoping we can do it sooner rather than later :)

Thanks again for the feedback. Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

• maquinn78
    maquinn78
    Community Member

Ah ha! I was trying to figure out why 1Password X wasn't listening to the length of time I told it to keep it unlocked. I thought it was a bug. This is the problem!

Giving this option would be great.

• Happy to have solved the mystery! 🙂

Now that 1.5 is released and we've seen that it's been smooth sailing, we're ready to make this change. On our local development machines we now have more control over the autolock settings and are ironing out a few issues before sharing it with you. Hopefully within a week we'll have a new beta for you to try. If you'd like to be one of the first to see these new features, be sure to join our 1Password X beta family to double your fun. 😀

• maquinn78
    maquinn78
    Community Member

Awesome @dteare ! I am part of the beta so I'm looking forward to trying it out. Thanks for implementing this so quickly.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@maquinn78: On behalf of Dave, you're very welcome. Thanks for helping us beta test! ❤️

We hope you have a great weekend! 🙌

This discussion has been closed.