Edge extension will not launch [requires 1Password 6.7 or higher]

Options
rlutzky
rlutzky
Community Member
edited February 2018 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have 1Password 4 and have downloaded the edge extension from the Microsoft store. The icon is visible on the top right of the Edge page but it will not launch when clicked. Do I need 1Password 6 for this extension to work? if so, how do I go about upgrading?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: drop box
Referrer: forum-search:i have 1Password 4 and edge extension will not launch. Do i need 1Password 6? if so, how upgrade?

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @rlutzky,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password! I am sorry for the confusion.

1Password extension for Microsoft Edge does not work with 1Password 4 for Windows and requires 1Password 6.7 for Windows or later and a 1Password membership. If you are interested in the upgrade (and the extension), you can sign up for 1Password.com account and migrate your existing data there. Here is how:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

You can also learn about other benefits of 1Password.com accounts (besides 1Password 6 for Windows and 1Password extension for Microsoft Edge) in this article on our website:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

Please let us know if you have any other questions, we will be happy to help. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• ShaUri
    ShaUri
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Greg,

are there any plans to support this in the future?

best regards
    Shauri

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ShaUri,

1Password 4 for Windows is an old app and I believe it won't receive support for 1Password extension in Edge. We are working on a new version of 1Password 7 for Windows, which will support standalone licenses, local vaults, 1Password accounts, and will be compatible with 1Password extension for Microsoft Edge. It is currently in beta, so please take a look:

Introducing 1Password 7 Beta for Windows

Let me know if it helps. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.