Intermittent problems with Chrome Extension

I'm having problems in Chrome, which is my main browser. (Firefox seems to work okay.) Roughly 1/3 of the time, 1Password simply won't fill in my credentials when I direct it to. It happens on many sites, including outlook.live.com, facebook.com, and even agilebits.com. SOMETIMES, when I lock 1Password and unlock it again, it will work, but I think that's most likely coincidence. At any rate, this is very frustrating, and I really REALLY don't want to switch over to Firefox.

I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension, with no luck.

Thanks for any help.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @tboulette,

Thank you for getting in touch! I am sorry for the troubles.

It sounds like you bumped into an issue with 4.6.2.626. In order to confirm the type of issue you are having, please try to do the following:

1) Uninstall 1Password 4 from control panel.
    2) Reboot your PC.
    3) Install 4.6.2.625 from here.

Let us know if filling starts working properly for you. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• tboulette
    tboulette
    Community Member

Thanks Greg. So far, so good. I'll be back if I continue to have problems.

• That's great to hear and on behalf of Greg, you're welcome.

• tboulette
    tboulette
    Community Member

Well, I'm afraid I spoke too soon. It seems to be happening less (though that's based on a limited sample set over the past few hours), but it's still happening.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@tboulette: That is strange. Could you please share a diagnostics report from 1Password 4 on your PC? Email this diagnostics report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post it here, but do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• tboulette
    tboulette
    Community Member

Done. #LSC-64728-416

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @tboulette! Found it, so let's continue our conversation via email.

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: LSC-64728-416

• tboulette
    tboulette
    Community Member

Happy to. I may be less responsive today as I need to travel for work.

• @tboulette: No worries. One of the great things about e-mail and the forum is that you can get back to us whenever you're able. Reply at your convenience and we'll help you get things sorted out. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.