1password 6 desktop shortcut windows7

Options

I've just begun a trial of 1password.com after years of enjoying the app based version. I installed 1password 6.xxxxx on my work PC, but I can't seem to find a way to add a shortcut to my desktop for some reason, like I had in the other versions I've owned. It's probably something simple i'm missing but I would appreciate some help with this. Thank you.

Pete

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password 6 desktop shortcut windows7

Comments

• @Idccd: The *.exe you'll want to use for your shortcut is AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop. To find, it:

1. Open start, type %LOCALAPPDATA\1Password\App\6 and press enter to open this folder.
    2. Right-click AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop.exe and select "Send to > Desktop" to create a desktop shortcut.

Also, keep in mind that 1Password will launch when you start Windows by default and that you can always open the main app by Ctrl + clicking on the 1Password icon in your notification area. Click the arrow near you clock to access the icon and feel free to drag it to your task bar to keep it visible and more easily accessible in the future. I've never felt the need for a 1Password shortcut since that icon makes it so easily accessible. Just something else you might want to consider if, like me, you like to minimize desktop clutter where you can. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.