Passport date field changing on entry in Windows 10

Hi, am entering Passport issue and expiry dates via the Windows 10 desktop app (version 6.8.496). Date entered is 30-Oct but this jumps to the 31st on exiting the date picker and same if I manually enter a date. Saving the record does not change the date form the 31st. Once the record syncs the date shows correctly (30-Oct) on Mac OS app and IOS app as well. The date shows as the 31st on an Android app. All connected to 1Password.com subscription.

Windows 10 is set to set time and timezone automatically. Located in New Zealand.

1Password Version: Win 10 6.8.496, Mac OS 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

@maundez: Thanks for letting us know! What is the date/time/zone set to on your Mac, Android, and iOS devices? Can you tell me which versions you're using on iOS and Android? Thanks!

ref: OPW6-1509

• MikeT
    edited February 2018

Hi @maundez,

Thanks for reporting this. This is a known issue with the Windows UI controls we're using and New Zealand or more specifically, the UTC+12 time zone. We will fix this in a future update but for now, it is technically normal for 1Password to show it one day forward on Windows (and Android) for now.

We are saving the date correctly, it is being saved with your date and time is set to 12:01PM. So if you pick today, it is saved with the UTC datestamp as 1518782460 or in human form, 02/16/2018 at 12:01 PM UTC.

The problem is that the date picker and the way the Windows converts the date to human form for us, it is factoring in your local time zone that it is not supposed to do. In other words, it is adding UTC + 12 hours (New Zealand) to the saved UTC datestamp as in, it'd show 02/17/2018 at 01:01 AM instead in your time zone.

We just need to fix the presentation of the date fields to ignore the 12:01 PM time part and show the date only.

• maundez
    maundez
    Community Member
    edited February 2018

@brenty - What is the date/time/zone set to on your:

• Mac,- Set date time automatically (Apple Asia)
    • Android, - Automatic date and time
    • iOS devices? - Set Automatically

Can you tell me which (1Password) versions you're using on:

• iOS: 7.0.5
    • and Android : 6.7.1

also - OS on mobile devices are:

• Android version is 7.0
    • iOS version is 11.2.5

@MikeT thanks for the information
    Fyi, summer time (from the last Sunday in September until the first Sunday in April)—daylight saving time is observed and clocks are advanced one hour. New Zealand Daylight Time (NZDT) is 13 hours ahead of UTC. If that makes any difference.

cheers

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@maundez: Ah, sorry, that was a rhetorical question. I just wanted you to check to make sure they matched each other. Mike is correct. Thanks for the additional details! We'll have to work around the date picker issue in the app in the future to try to avoid this entirely. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes in the mean time. :blush:

• maundez
    maundez
    Community Member

Was this issue resolved?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I agree it would be nice to see if we can remove the time zone from the presentation logic and display the date without timezone, but we have nothing to announce at this time. We're currently focused on a lot of under-the-hood changes to improve performance. Thanks for checking in! :)

This discussion has been closed.