1Password keeps renaming itself - how to stop?

Options
sciascia
sciascia
Community Member
edited February 2018 in Mac

Hi There,

The 1Password application keeps renaming itself under /Applications and switches between '1Password.app' and '1Password 6.app'

I have macros setup to launch 1Password but they seem to fail every few months because the application name keeps changing. At first, I thought it was because of a major version change but I've literally had to update the macro twice in the past 3 weeks.

Firstly, why is this?

Secondly, is there a way to force 1Password to pick a name and stick to it?

I have a workstation and a laptop and see this behaviour across both machines and saw the issue in 10.11.6 and 10.12.6.

Hope that makes sense, any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ben

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @sciascia

The app being named 1Password.app or 1Password 6.app depends on where you downloaded it from and shouldn't change. If you download it from our website, it is 1Password 6.app. If you download it from the Mac App Store it is 1Password.app. As long as you remain consistent as to where you download the app the name should remain the same.

Cheers,
    Corey

• sciascia
    sciascia
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Corey, then I have no idea what is going on.

I literally had to update macros on both my Workstation and Laptop today, after changing them yesterday. Right now, both are named '1Password.app' but yesterday they were named '1Password 6.app'

I'm paying close attention to this now so when they change, I'll post again.

I think we can both agree that this makes no sense!

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, definitely strange @sciascia. Let me know if this continues.

This discussion has been closed.