How to Rename a Vault?

Options
srohde
srohde
Community Member

I just created a new vault but there's a typo in the name. How does one rename a vault?

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@srohde - In standalone 1Password, there's no way to rename a vault once it's created. This functionality is present with 1password.com accounts because of the difference in how we're able to sync changes of that nature. If you're using standalone 1Password, you'll need to delete the vault with the typo in the name after exporting any data in it first (I'm assuming it's empty since you just created it, but if not, make sure to export your data first). Create a new vault (watch for typos!), then re-import any data into the new vault.

• srohde
    srohde
    Community Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Thanks for explaining and clarifying. But how do you delete a vault? Oddly, it's seems the support articles lack information on vault deletion >> . https://support.1password.com/search/?q=How+do+you+delete+a+vault

Going forward, I think I'll use labels instead of vaults for the functional segregation that I need.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@srohde - Tags are a great way to organize your data within a vault, or even across multiple vaults!

In the other thread you began, this response of mine did include instructions for deleting a vault. Here they are again:

Re: your sidenote: Select the vault you created and now no longer wish to use by choosing it in the Vault Menu (top left of the main window of 1Password for Mac), then going to 1Password menu > Delete vault. This will remove the unwanted vault. :)

• srohde
    srohde
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, for you help. I now have 1Password configured they way I'd like it to be.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@srohde - Excellent! That's the goal, after all. Feel free to drop by any time if you have questions or run into any other issues. Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.