Bulk tag removing produces only offline changes

Options
dahanbn
dahanbn
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Today I tried your new bulk tag features and removed the imported tag from 357 entries. Unfortunately, the app does that only local and I have 357 offline changes.

As it seems that changes won't get synched even after several minutes.

1Password Version: 7.0.519
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Family

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

How does the bulk tag removal work as it is something I would like to try? I am also having issues locating my tags from 1Password 7 for Windows for both 1Passwprd.com and a now out of date Dropbox vault I never removed.

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: If you right click an item with tags, you can select one of the tags to remove it. If you have multiple items selected with different tags, you'll be given an explicit option to either add that tag to all of your selected items, or remove it:

Just make sure you select Tags in the sidebar if you want to view them. Cheers! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty,

Thank you for the screen capture as I was on the Categories pane and wondering why it did not work! Ooops! Figured it out now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dahanbn: Indeed, sorry for the trouble there! The offline changes should clear up upon restarting the app, but there's also another issue where one item may remain tagged, requiring that it be removed individually. We'll get this fixed in an update. Thank you for bringing this up, and for participating in the alpha! :)

ref: OPW6-1909

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: You're welcome! Glad that helped! :chuffed:

• Hi @dahandb,

Can you send us your diagnostics report? There may be a sync issue rather than the issue with the tags itself. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• bsm007
    bsm007
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a bulk tag edit feature in the mac version of 1password? The information above doesn't seem to apply. I do not get this option "If you right click an item with tags, you can select one of the tags to remove it. If you have multiple items selected with different tags, you'll be given an explicit option to either add that tag to all of your selected items, or remove it:"

• bsm007
    bsm007
    Community Member
    Options

I found the manual answer here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/17059/no-longer-possible-to-rename-tags

Until tag renaming is supported in 1P4 there's this workaround:

Add the new tag name to an item which has the current tag name
    Select the current tag in the sidebar
    Select all items and drag them into the new tag name in the sidebar
    Delete the current tag in the sidebar

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bsm007: I'm not sure we're on the same page here. This is a discussion about the Windows beta of 1Password 7. You seem to be referring to 1Password 4 and macOS. Can you clarify?

This discussion has been closed.