Copy Paste unavailable for Apple-ID – is there are workaround?

Options
Stephan_von_Ow
Stephan_von_Ow
Community Member
edited February 2018 in iOS

I am reorganizing all my passwords to have more secure passwords - that are no longer «words» but mixed characters/numbers/symbols. I did the same for my Apple ID - with a pretty tricky password if it comes to remember it (even if it is only while changing the screen between 1Password and Apples password prompt.

Now i have the problem that copy/paste does not work for the Apple-ID. I cannot paste it into the respective line - there is no «paste» available after double tapping it...

Does anybody here have the same problem? Is there a solution on this issue? Thanks for you help - even if it is only a workaround!
-Stephan-

1Password Version: 7.0.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.2.5
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Stephan_von_Ow

Where are you seeing the Apple ID login prompt where you can’t paste your password? How are you getting that to come up?

Please let us know. :)

Ben

• Stephan_von_Ow
    Stephan_von_Ow
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben

I get this prompt wherever the apple-ID is needed through the system (if i want to download new apps, if i want to log into my account-details in the settings, ...).

iOS tells me then, that my password is needed - and i am not able to copy/paste it from 1password (i even don't get a dialogue like «paste» with double-tapping the login line in the respective window then)

-Stephan-

• Ben
    Options

@Stephan_von_Ow

Whenever I try to access one of those screens I’m prompted to authenticate with Touch ID. Do you have the option to turn Touch ID on?

Ben

• Stephan_von_Ow
    Stephan_von_Ow
    Community Member
    Options

Usually it does the same on my side. As i changed my password now, it requires my new password - and it does this on different points. After i entered it once, i am recognized by faceID as well.

As entering my pretty long and cryptic password is uncomfortable because of switching between the login-prompt and 1password, i wanted to find out, if there is a way around that «manually entering» thing. So it is more about a next time i have to do that - than about this time (where i had my computer screen to read my password from...)

-Stephan-

• Ben
    Options

I see. I don’t personally know of any workaround for that, but I’d be happy to move this thread to the Lounge for you if you’d like, where it might spark some further discussion from the 1Password community. Let me know if you’d like me to do that. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.