Browser extensions not working

ajl1949
ajl1949
Community Member

Replies to browser extension issues elsewhere in Knowledge Base not helping so far. I recently transferred to Family so my wife could share in the joys of 1 Password. However, I am unable to get the browser extension to work for her in either Chrome or Firefox despite deleting extensions twice, restarting her computer twice and otherwise exploring the knowledge base for clues. Not working means a) I can see the extension icon and it is black and appears ready to go, b) the drop down does not appear when I click it although c) I can get some kind of drop down to show up if I use ctrl/click but not the list of passwords.

My credibility is rapidly evaporating as is my workday.

What are the definitive moves I need to make next?

She is running: -

Chrome 64.0.3282.167
Firefox 56

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.6 (686004)
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Mac OS 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ajl1949: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! It sounds like Firefox is a bit out of date, since we're on 58 now, so that can certainly cause some trouble there. However, since Chrome appears to be up to date, that probably isn't your only problem. Do you have 3rd party "security" software or other extensions which might be interfering? If 1Password cannot establish a secure connection to the browser and validate it as genuine, the extension won't work. Are you able to open 1Password mini by pressing ⌘ ⌥ \, or fill using ⌘ \? Thanks in advance!

• ajl1949
    ajl1949
    Community Member

@brenty: Thanks for the response. Firefox now updated to 58 eliminate that possibility. No 3rd Party security software in place and only 1 Password extension is activated in both Firefox and Chrome. Your keyboard suggestions do not work on wife's laptop (where the problem is) but do work on mine ...

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2018

That’s quite strange. This may seem like a silly question, but 1Password is installed on her computer, correct? I noticed you mentioned v6.8.6 in your opening post, but I wanted to confirm that is the version on her computer. Everything appears okay when she launches the main 1Password app?

One thing that may work, at least temporarily until we’re able to further troubleshoot the issue with the regular extensions, is to install 1Password X in Chrome for her:

1Password X setup — AgileBits Support Forum

1Password X is a new browser extension for Chrome that does not rely on the main 1Password application to function. It communicates directly with the 1Password server instead.

To get further insight into what is happening with the regular browser extensions I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from her Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/86790/
    • Your forum username: ajl1949

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

ref: VJN-23311-982

• Tully
    Tully
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ajl1949, I've just now come across your wife's diagnostic report and replied to her on email, so we'll carry on the conversation there – suffice to say I hope to have you off the hook in short order! ;)

This discussion has been closed.