can't migrate 1password 3 data into new 1password 6 membership

Options
wrighax
wrighax
Community Member

I have had 1Password 3 stand alone on my OS El Capitan Macbook. I just signed up for 1Password 6 membership. Unlike video it did not "see" my old vault/data and I can't figure out how to migrate it. I have the data on my iPad and my iPhone also and tried wireless syncing but the IPad couldn't "find" a computer to sync with.... I am afraid of overwriting all my many years of existing data with this new account which has nothing in it.... I decided to upgrade because I currently do not have access to my MAC desktop which had been the hub where I synced my computer and my iPhone and my iPad. --my laptop is actually somewhat out of date and I couldn't successfully sync with the iOS devices even with iPassword 3. (I think my desktop had a newer standalone version but don't have it now to check.)....

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wrighax: You can't "overwrite" anything, but you can open your existing AgileKeychain vault from 1Password 3 in 1Password 6. Do you not have it? You should be able to simply double-click it to open it in the app, and then you can copy your data from that vault to one in your account. Let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.