1P on mailchimp.com only fills password, but not username

Options

Safari 10.03 (macOS High Sierra 10.13.3)
1P v6.8.6,
1P extension for Safari 4.6.6

1P doesn't anymore fill in the username, only the password. I wonder why this is?

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.6.6
OS Version: High Sierra 10.13.3
Sync Type: none

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MHMertens: Without knowing more details it's hard to say, but it sounds like they may have changed something. Nevertheless, I was able to save and fill a login using 1Password at https://login.mailchimp.com/

In many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosubmit disabled
    9. Repeat to save and fill a new login for the second step

Let me know if that helps! :)

• MHMertens
    MHMertens
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty, very grateful for your advice, this worked. And my preferred way (surf to website, get login page up, only THEN use 1P to fill in) works as well.

Admittedly, we could stop here. However, now I'm seriously curious. The new login in 1P looks pretty identical to the old one, down to the level which exact fields are recorded in "webform details". Putting the correct website (https://login.mailchimp.com/) into the old login doesn't change anything. I tried that before even posting my question.

Why would one login work, the other one not?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MHMertens: Haha totally. The "webform details" doesn't allow access to everything 1Password saves from the webpage, only those "actionable" for the user, i.e. the fields and their data. 1Password saves other information about the structure of the page as "clues" to help it know what goes where next time, as relying only on IDs only works in a perfect world where everyone follows web standards. You can always export to 1PIF to take a look at the JSON, but those bits are not really meant to be human-readable, as only 1Password can do anything with them. Anyway, great question, and glad to hear that helped! :)

This discussion has been closed.