Clicked "Update & Relaunch" but update is not launching on my iMac OS X El Capitan..

Options
hunt4julie
hunt4julie
Community Member

I currently have 1Password 6.8.1 and have attempted several times to update & relaunch to version 6.8.6. It appears to download the update but I cannot locate it in the download folder nor will the program "relaunch" to the new update. This is an older iMac with OS X El Capitan 10.11.6. Suggestions?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6.8.1
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:My update is not launching on my iMac OS X El Capitan.

Comments

• hunt4julie
    hunt4julie
    Community Member
    Options

After the download status bar disappears, I am returned to the original Software Update window as if nothing happened.
    Window reads: A new version of 1Password is available! 1Password 6.8.6 is now available. You are currently using version 6.8.1. Would you like to download and install the new version now? I click on "Update and Relaunch" but I never get past that point.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @hunt4julie! Sorry you're having trouble updating 1Password just now. Can I get you to please Quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) and then visit our downloads page in a browser and download the full package installer for 1Password 6 for Mac (version 6.8.6). Once that's downloaded (usually to your Mac's Downloads folder), you should be able to double-click to install it. Let us know how that works for you!

• hunt4julie
    hunt4julie
    Community Member
    Options

Success! Thank you very much for your quick reply and detailed instructions. You rock!!!!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hunt4julie - that's excellent news; glad I was able to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.