Unable to update 1Password on Windows 7. 1Password Version 6.7.457

colindarra
colindarra
Community Member
edited February 2018 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am unable to update my 1Password App on windows machine. I am behind a corporate FireWall

Current Version 6.7.457
App tells me that an update to 6.8.496 is available, but when I try to update it fails.

When I click on the update button the button switches to indicate "updating...", but it just stays on that indication, and does not update.

Occasionally I get the following error message in a red line at the bottom of the screen...

1Password quit unexpectedly.
Please click here to submit the report to our team.

I click the error message and get a message saying there is an error sending crash reports.

I have not previously had problems updating 1Password on this device.

===========

Other Notes:

01) I am successfully using 1password on other PC and Mac platforms. All others are updating fine.

02) Apart from the inability to update, the application works fine.

1Password Version:_6.7.457
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Family User - Network Sync

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@colindarra - sorry for the trouble updating just now, though I'm glad to hear 1Password is working well for you otherwise. Can I ask: are any of those other computers behind the same corporate firewall? If so, then that's likely not the problem here. If not, then that firewall probably IS what's causing the failure.

• colindarra
    colindarra
    Community Member
    edited February 2018

No. None of the other devices are behind a corporate FW, that being said, I have installed 1password on this device (while its behind a FW), and I'm pretty sure I have been able to update in the past (though not 100% sure on this fact).

For info, the 1Password app is aware of the proxy information, and also has my domain username and password applied.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@colindarra: Thanks for letting us know! Glad to hear it's working for you now, but if you run into a similar issue again generate a diagnostics report and we'll have a look. Cheers! :)

• colindarra
    colindarra
    Community Member

Hi Brenty, sorry if I misled you, my issue is not yet fixed. I still cannot update.

• colindarra
    colindarra
    Community Member

I have now sent in a Diagnostic report.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@colindarra: Not your fault I misunderstood! Thank you! Unfortunately I'm not seeing anything in the inbox from this address (nothing recent at least). Can you post the Support ID you received here?

This discussion has been closed.