Feature Request: Automatic notification of Expired Credit Cards

BAF
BAF
Community Member

I recently found that a card I had not used in some time had an expired and that the date in 1Password was no longer valid. It would be useful if the program could provide a notification that credit cards either had or were about to expire. Small thing in an otherwise wonderful program that I use several times daily.

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks for the suggestion, @BAF. :)

Ben

• markballou
    markballou
    Community Member

+1

• Thanks. :)

Ben

• delacampo
    delacampo
    Community Member

+1. looks like this has been a previously requested feature as well. Would be great if this can make it in the next release!

• majortom
    majortom
    Community Member

Why only Credit Cards? It would be great, if I can use the (custom) field “valid/expire” in all items and get a list/reminder of all expired items.

• rlh
    rlh
    Community Member

As of today, using Mac version 7.2.4, Watchtower is warning me of a soon-to-expire credit card. Sounds like the requested feature is implemented.

• markballou
    markballou
    Community Member

That’s cool. I’m going to look for it in my Mac OSX version.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I think some folks were asking for some kind of a popup, but while that's not the route we've gone, you can indeed view Expiring items in the Watchtower sidebar in the 1Password 7 desktop apps. Cheers! :)

• majortom
    majortom
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

@brenty It would be nice if the expired-field could also be used in other categories.
    For example, if I have a test-login who I would like to delete it in half a year.

• Thanks for the suggestion, @majortom. :+1:

Ben

• Geekuality
    Geekuality
    Community Member

@Ben There is a bug in the current implementation: a card with expiry date of 03/2019 is not expired until the end of the month - unlike the app told me just now when I went to update the new card details.

Good feature nevertheless.

• Thanks for letting us know. I'll have to do some testing around that and report it to our development team. :+1:

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019

@Geekuality: I think it's helpful to be notified before it's completely unusable, but I agree that some additional clarity might be helpful too. :)

This discussion has been closed.