Does database work the same with Windows and Mac?

trying to find a password solution that I can store the database in dropbox, that is compatible with windows, mac, android, and ios. hoping that even if the applications are separate and even if i have to buy them separately, can they all open the same updated password database file that is getting steady updates from several sources? even if the database had to be in the cloud - not in dropbox - can we make it happen?

I use windows at work, mac at home, ipad at school, and android cell phone. still, in my mind, i only have one set of passwords, not 4!

can password1 do this? if not, is it in the future?

Comments

• Yes, absolutely, 1Password works great with it's keychain stored in Dropbox:

Please see this help guide for more details:
    http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/cloud_syncing_with_dropbox.html

Welcome to the forums!
  • i'm concerned about all the complaints on the mac app store reviews about the new version not being able to import old versions of the database and not being able to sync with dropbox. obviously the dropbox feature or cloud syncing of some kind is essential for me to buy up. can someone address this? or at least link me to threads that may have discussion/solutions on this?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    A solution would depend on the problem you are having. All of us on the team use Dropbox syncing every day. We also often have customers who write in to let us know how smooth and seamless their upgrade was. You don't see too much of that on the support forums since this is where folks go to get help when they have a problem. The hospital is not the best place to judge the health of a city. :-)

If you are having some trouble with 1Password from the Mac App Store, please start a thread in the 1Password (Mac App Store) forum. We would love to get things squared away!
This discussion has been closed.