mikeybyker
mikeybyker
Community Member
edited February 2018 in 1Password 4 for Windows

1Password: 6.8.496
Browser Extension: 4.6.12.90
Firefox: 58.0.2
Windows 10 Pro Version 1709

In Firefox, I install the extension, the button is either greyed out, or invisible. It does nothing.
I have seen loads of mentions of this, but always it is "taken offline" - which isn't too helpful for everyone else who has the exact same problem. Any chance of making it a FAQ?

I may me missing something - your version numbers kill me - is there or is there not a browser extension 6 to go with app 6? (And 4 with 4?) Or have I got the latest??

Anyway - please tell me what to do here. I have installed/re-installed/re-started etc. lots of times - no difference.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018
    Options

In Firefox, I install the extension, the button is either greyed out, or invisible. It does nothing. I have seen loads of mentions of this, but always it is "taken offline" - which isn't too helpful for everyone else who has the exact same problem. Any chance of making it a FAQ?

@mikeybyker: Not really, as there are many possible causes. For example, is Native Messaging enabled in 1Password Settings > Advanced? Or do you have "security" software which may be interfering?

I may me missing something - your version numbers kill me - is there or is there not a browser extension 6 to go with app 6? (And 4 with 4?) Or have I got the latest??

All 1Password app versions 4 and above use extensions version 4 and above. You can always get the latest from our website: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

Anyway - please tell me what to do here. I have installed/re-installed/re-started etc. lots of times - no difference.

No worries, we'll get it sorted! Let me know what you find. :)

• mikeybyker
    mikeybyker
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty thanks for getting back to me.

For example, is Native Messaging enabled in 1Password Settings > Advanced?

Yes it is. Actually I tried with it on and off. Currently on. Still greyed out.

Or do you have "security" software which may be interfering?

Well I have anti-virus if that's what you mean by "security"! Obviously I am not going online with no anti-virus... Bitdefender if that helps. I disabled it, uninstalled your plugin, put it back - still greyed out.

All 1Password app versions 4 and above use extensions version 4 and above. You can always get the latest from our website: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

Good to know. It would be a really good idea if you named the next version of the extension 6. To help out your customers and all. I had a hell of a time with 1password 4 telling me I had the latest version, only to find 1password 6 alive and well on your website. I change to version 6, only to find I need v4 plugin. You win the award for confusing people hands down.

No worries, we'll get it sorted! Let me know what you find. :)

Great! What else can I try?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mikeybyker,

Have you tried to reboot your PC after enabling Native Messaging in 1Password? Also, please check if 1Password extension works in Chrome, so we can rule it out. Thanks in advance! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• mikeybyker
    mikeybyker
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Greg

Have you tried to reboot your PC after enabling Native Messaging in 1Password?

I have, quite a few times :-)

Also, please check if 1Password extension works in Chrome, so we can rule it out.

Yes, it works fine in Chrome...Which is what I generally use to be fair, I was just wondering why it isn't there in Firefox...

Not the end of the world then if it doesn't work, but would be nice. Appreciate your help anyway :-)

• mikeybyker
    mikeybyker
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @greg - just an update...

I re-installed Firefox, deleted my profile, and the 1Password button now shows up! Not sure if it was profile related or Firefox itself, but the sledgehammer approach got there in the end.

Cheers!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great news @mikeybyker, thank you for keeping us posted! I am glad to hear that it worked. :chuffed: :+1:

Please feel free to reach out to us anytime, we are always here for you. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.