I have my key and master login but need a secret key. I don't have one or don't know what it is.

Options

I had a HDD failure and after replacement am trying to reinstall 1Password. It is asking for a secret key. I have a key and a master login but don't know if I have a secret key or not. If I do, I don't know where to find it. How do I proceed with my installation?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am having trouble installing 1Password after a HDD failure and replacement. Can you help me?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@walker_Ray: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault.

I've resent your license information via email, so just follow the instructions there to register the app. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.