2FA using MBP touchpad

2ge
2ge
Community Member

Hi guys,

I started to using my new 15" MBP 2017, and starting to like the touchpad. I got idea - it would be really cool to have some shortcuts there - specially for 2FA. Maybe there would be possible to make it somehow ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@2ge - glad to hear you're enjoying your shiny new 2017 MBP! I'm envious. :)

I'm wondering if you can tell us a little more about what you'd like to see, so I can tell you if it's possible at all. If it is, we'd definitely like to hear as much feedback and as many suggestions as we can -- a lot of the current features of 1Password got their start at least in part from suggestions from the user community. Thanks!

• 2ge
    2ge
    Community Member

hi Lars,

well, I need 2FA codes often when trading cryptocurrencies, so for me it would be great, if I click on 1password extension, and then touchbar would change and offer me 2FA code to copy it to clipboard (if I understand, it is not possible for now to automatically fill it on website).

What I need from 1password is to getting 2FA code as fast as possible preferably using just keyboard.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@2ge: Thanks! It's really helpful to know the use case. We'll see if there's something we can do to make it easier in a future version, if we're not able to have it fill in all cases. Cheers! :)

• 2ge
    2ge
    Community Member

cool. actually it would be super-useful if 1password supports touchbar, I believe it is not so hard to implement. Of course it would be great, if I could use 1password without "mouse" or trackpad, just keyboard, so we can work fast and efficient...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@2ge: 1Password for Mac does have Touch Bar support (since those MacBook Pros were released actually), just not that specific functionality. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

This discussion has been closed.