Couldn't connect to 1Password Helper

Options
munichcloud
munichcloud
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

I have exactly the same problem: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/74721/couldnt-connect-to-1password

"The extension worked fine just a few days ago but then it just randomly stopped working and has not worked since."
The plugin works in chrome canary, but does not work in chrome.
Ok, I removed chrome, reinstalled it. Now it does not work either in canary but in chrome.
I do not want to debate here for long. I don't have time for this. I have to use a different browser.

But I just want to let you know that there is a problem with Chrome.

Version 64.0.3282.186 (Official Build) (64-bit)
1Password
Version 6.6.3 (663005)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Couldn't connect to 1Password

Comments

• munichcloud
    munichcloud
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

A deactivated 1 pass mini, tried directly use the program, but it does not work either! 1password just does not see the browser! This is so unnerving!

Removed the 1password extension. Installed again. It does not work either.
    1pass asks me if I want to use a mini in chrome, yes I want to.
    But nothing works again.

Hm..okay.
    I'm working still again woth chrome. Opening a new tab and .. !!!! the site suddenly pops up an authorization window with code!
    Authorized the program and everything works again.

How stupid ...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @munichcloud! I'm sorry for the trouble you were experiencing, but glad to hear things worked out for you after a little troubleshooting on your own. Chrome is somewhat unique in that it auto-updates itself. When it does so, the identifier for the package itself is often different and therefore not recognized by 1Password. We perform some behind the scenes checks to make sure a malicious process isn't pretending to be Chrome to fool 1Password.

I think - by your most-recent message - that things are now working properly? If not, can you tell us what the remaining issues are? Thanks -- oh, and by the way, the purpose of these boards is never to simply "debate." We've got too much work to do on improving 1Password and supporting our customers, and we're sure you've got better things to do than chat with us also. The purpose here is to get you back on your feet with 1Password as quickly as possible, so don't ever worry about dropping by and letting us know you're having trouble. We're here to help! :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@munichcloud - Oh, and one other thing? Version 6.6.3 of 1Password was released in mid-March of 2017, almost a full year ago. I'm not sure why you're still using it, as any Mac that can run 6.6.3 is capable of updating to the current version (6.8.7), and using a version from a year ago may very well be contributing to the issues you're having with the Chrome extension. Whether or not your Chrome issue is solved, I'd definitely suggest you click on 1Password menu > Check for updates to get yourself onto the newest version of 1Password for Mac. :)

This discussion has been closed.