Unlock on desktop when unlocking in browser

Options

Hello, I'm writing about 1Password for Windows. I work from home on a secure desktop (rarely travel and I'm the sole user). I have disabled all the checkbox options in Security preferences.

Whenever I restart my PC I need to unlock 1 Password, as expected. If I unlock the 1Password app from my desktop, it also unlocks it in my browser extensions. Perfect. However, if I don't unlock it in the app first, I'm prompted to unlock 1Password every time I access the browser extension.

I'd like it to have an option that keeps the browser extension unlocked and unlocks the 1Password app if I unlock it in the browser extension.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.0.4
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:unlock web browser

Comments

• @jguillet: I'm not able to reproduce this behavior even with several of those checkboxes enabled. Does happen if you manually lock the main app by clicking the lock button as well, or only if you don't unlock the main app before using your browser after a reboot? Thanks!

• jguillet
    jguillet
    Community Member
    Options

My bad, if I unlock a browser extension it stays unlocked, but here's my ask:

If I unlock 1Password in any extension, it should unlock in other extensions and unlock the desktop app.

• @jguillet: Ah, this makes sense and I can see what you mean now. It looks like this only happens when "unlock on Secure Desktop" is enabled in 1Password 4 and even then it isn't 100% consistent for me. If I unlock the desktop app, then lock it again, the extension subsequently seems to unlocks in all browser after unlocking it once. Perhaps this is what you see as well.

Either way, the behavior you're looking for is what's intended as this is the behavior in 1Password 6, so while 1Password 4 is unlikely to see any additional changes with 1Password 7 on the way, we'll definitely keep this in mind if and when unlocking on secure desktop is added to 1Password 7. Thanks for passing this along! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.