Can't log into 1password 6

Options
patricialandersgee
patricialandersgee
Community Member
edited March 2018 in Families

I'm running a trial version of 1password 4. We opened a new family account ([removed by AgileBits staff, this is a public forum]) and when I received an invitation, I successfully associated my version 4 vault with the family account. Then I tried to move from version 4 to version 6 of 1password. I downloaded it from the family invitation web page. When I go to open it (after closing version 4), my master password does not open 1password 6. Nor does my old password for version 4.

What do I do? I have a laptop and iPhone to install 1password and integrate with the family account. Can I do those independently, or do I need to wait to resolve this issue first?

Thanks,
Patricia

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: ???
Referrer: forum-search:can't log into 1password 6

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @patricialandersgee! Sorry to hear you're having troubles just now.

I successfully associated my version 4 vault with the family account.

Since what you just described isn't possible, I'm wondering what steps you did take? 1Password 4 for Windows is the version used for standalone (local) data, while 1Password 6 for Windows is the version used if you have a 1password.com account. If you'd previously been using 1Password 4 for Windows with local data, did you follow these steps to get your data migrated over from your existing 1Password 4 for Windows setup to your account? If not, can you describe what you did do? Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.