Chrome Autofill has worked a handful of times?

EnerJi
EnerJi
Community Member

Hello AgileBits team and fellow customers,

My understanding as of a couple of months ago is that Chrome (somewhat embarrassingly for Google IMO) doesn't yet support the Android 8.x autofill API. However, I could swear that I've recently received Autofill prompts in the Chrome browser that have occasionally actually worked, i.e. have pulled up the correct login to fill.

Has Google quietly enabled Chrome autofill without making an announcement? Has the creative team at AgileBits figured out a workaround? Was EnerJi hallucinating using autofill in Chrome? I'm very curious.

1Password Version: Latest beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @EnerJi. :) I don't believe that Autofill is supported in Chrome yet. Do you have the accessibility service enabled, though? That looks identical to Autofill (you'll see an 'Autofill with 1Password' button), but it doesn't rely on the Autofill framework. By chance is that what you're seeing?

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member

Hi @peri!

Ahh, that must be it. I don't usually use the accessibility service, but I recently set up a new phone and appear to have enabled it then. Thanks for clearing up that mystery. Hopefully the Chrome team has some good news to announce soon.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It always sounds like it's right around the corner, but I believe that is actually the case with Chrome. Only time will tell though, so keep an eye out for updates! :)

This discussion has been closed.