Conversion from Keepass 2 fails all the time

Options

When I try to start the conversion, I always get this error, though I installed the modules like the tutorial stated:
C:\WINDOWS\system32>perl %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\convert_to_1p4\convert_to_1p4.pl keepass2 -v pm_export.txt Can't locate Utils/PIF.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Utils::PIF module) (@INC contains: C:/myperl/perl/site/lib C:/myperl/perl/vendor/lib C:/myperl/perl/lib .) at C:\Users\Z\Desktop\convert_to_1p4\convert_to_1p4.pl line 15. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\Users\Z\Desktop\convert_to_1p4\convert_to_1p4.pl line 15.

What can I do about it? It simply doesn't work ... 1Password is kinda useless without all of my passwords :-/
I am using the latest stable conversion tools and Strawberry Perl 5.24.3.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (latest)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@OneTouchBlaze ,

Use the 1.10 version in Testing Bits, mentioned in the first post of the converter suite thread.

• OneTouchBlaze
    OneTouchBlaze
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Okay, used that one. Now the script executes but it does not find any converters. When entering "--help" the list is empty... Done as per Readme.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2018
    Options

@OneTouchBlaze ,

I'm going to need more info to help you here. The converter works as per the README - I just tried exactly the instructions:

cd %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\convert_to_1p4
    perl convert_to_1p4.pl keepass2 ..\pm_export.xml -v

and had no troubles.

Try running these commands, and reply with the output.

cd %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\convert_to_1p4
    dir . ..\pm_export*

You can copy and paste them together into the command shell.

I see from your first post, you were not in the correct directory. You need to launch the portableshell.bat file in the Perl directory you unzipped, and run the cd command as above.

• OneTouchBlaze
    OneTouchBlaze
    Community Member
    Options

Ah yeah ... right. It was too obvious that I missed setting the working directory. Of course it can't find the converters that way. Worked fine, but I might add that extracting .png files does not work. The attachments are broken after export. At least Windows can't open them anymore.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@OneTouchBlaze ,

Great, you've move forward.

I can reproduce the PNG issue on Windows (it works on macOS). I'll work on a fix for this. Hold tight...

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@OneTouchBlaze ,

I've just updated the 1.10 version in Testing Bits. It should resolve the problem with the corrupted file attachments. Please let me know if this works out for you.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@OneTouchBlaze ,

Just checking in - did your conversion work out OK after the fix above?

• OneTouchBlaze
    OneTouchBlaze
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC Sorry I saw that and forgot about testing it when I came home from work. It works like a charm now! Thank you very much!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Cheers, thank you @OneTouchBlaze.

Enjoy 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018
    Options

@OneTouchBlaze: Glad to hear that MrC's converter helped with your exported data! Be sure to let us know if you have any questions about using 1Password. We're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.