In settings i have automatically sign in checked. It's not working.

Options

When I go to a website in Firefox (default browser) from the 1Password App on my W10 desktop PC, it does not fill in the login. It used to. I cannot say when exactly it stopped working.

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10 pro
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:In settings i have automatically sign in checked. It's not working.

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @catmprice,

First of all, could you please check if Native Messaging is enabled in 1Password 6 on your PC? Open and unlock 1Password 6, go to > 1Password > Settings > Advanced, and check what you have enabled under 1Password Browser Extension Integration. If Native Messaging is disabled there, please enable it for both browsers, reboot your PC, and let me know if it works after that.

Thank you very much in advance! :+1:

Cheers,
    GReg

• catmprice
    catmprice
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Yes, both checked and have rebooted. No change.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@catmprice: Thanks for letting us know! Which version of Firefox are you running?

• catmprice
    catmprice
    Community Member
    Options

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@catmprice: Thank you for confirming! Do you have other extensions or add-ons installed in Firefox? If you press Ctrl \ can you fill a login that way?

• catmprice
    catmprice
    Community Member
    Options

Well, this is weird. It now works. Nothing has changed on my computer.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@catmprice - Hrmmm...I'm not quite sure what to tell you about that. 1Password doesn't typically have intermittent issues; most of the time, things just work...and when they don't, there's a reason and it's not an intermittent thing. When something like that happens, especially if there's isn't any immediately obvious reason it might be happening, the first thing I recommend is a restart - both of 1Password and of the browser in question, and possibly of your entire PC. That can often take care of any unstable system states or stuck caches that might be causing unusual behavior. After a restart if there's no change, then it might be time to dig a little deeper. Glad to hear things are back to normal for you right now, but definitely let us know if the problem recurs. We're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.