secure note only shows in edit mode

Options
Redbaron26
Redbaron26
Community Member

When creating a secure note on my macbook, my ipad only shows the title, not the content. If I then choose edit on my ipad the content is displayed. I tried reducing the size of the note as per another thread, but didn't help. My iphone displays the notes correctly.

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:secure note only shows in edit mode

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Redbaron26: Can you give me an example I can use to try to reproduce it here? I'm not having trouble viewing Secure Notes on iOS. Are you able to get this to happen on your iPad with a new note as well, or is it something about one in particular? Also, you seem to have included only the version of 1Password for Mac. Which version are you using on your iOS devices? Thanks!

• Redbaron26
    Redbaron26
    Community Member
    Options

It seems to only happen to one particular note which is shorter than many of my other notes. I have broken it down into 4 smaller notes, 3 of which work normally, the 4th presents the same problem. I assume it doesn't like something written in the note, all the characters appear normal to me & would have been typed on my Mac's keyboard. I can't paste it here as it is a note I use to store my passwords. Yes I know I don't need that, but like having it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Redbaron26: Thanks for letting me know. I'll keep messing around with it to see if I can figure out the problem. I've seen issues sort of like this between Windows and macOS, but not between Apple platforms, since they share code (and text encoding). Without more information though it's a bit of a needle in a haystack, though I understand that there's a reason for you not sharing more. The only thing I can suggest is to try copying the data to a new note. Not sure that will work, since if there's something corrupt there that may as well copy over too. But it's worth a shot, as opposed to duplicating the whole item. But in the long term I'd recommend saving logins for those passwords instead. After all, there's an app for that! ;)

• Redbaron26
    Redbaron26
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

I narrowed it down to one of my license keys which I've deidentified (xxxx) & pasted below. When I took this out of the secure note all worked as advertised. Previously I had pasted it into other new & existing notes & the same problem occurred. I then separated the 2 lines & all worked normally with either line included, I then pasted the 2nd line into a new note that already had the first line and it worked. I then pasted the 2 lines from the new note into the note that had the problem and so
    Xxxxxx 1 Name: Xxxxx Xxxxx
    License Key: [removed by AgileBits staff]

• Redbaron26
    Redbaron26
    Community Member
    Options

continued... so far all has worked with no problems. The 1st line is just the name of the app and my name

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Redbaron26: Aha! Thanks for the update. It sounds like iOS might have been choking on one or more of the characters in that note.

Just to clarify, it sounds like it is working for you now as expected after creating new notes. Is that correct? We'll see if there's anything we can do on our end to work around it as well though. Thank you! :)

This discussion has been closed.