I can't find the password generator. Where is it hidden?

Options
Nowits13
Nowits13
Community Member

Just downloaded the app, followed instructions, but can't find the password generator. What's up with that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can't find the password generator. Where is it hidden?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

You don't say what device you are using. I'll assume it is a Mac. For other devices the location will be similar but not identical.

On the Mac you can find the password generator in the mini (icon on the Mac's menu bar if you have set this option in Preferences, General) or in the extension (in your browser's toolbar). Just click on the icon and you will see the generator option.

In the main 1PW program, you can choose New Login and click the icon next to the password field to get to the generator, but usually the other approach is more convenient.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Nowits13: Indeed, you can generally find the password generator in the item details when creating or editing a Login item. Definitely check out this guide though, as it will give you a good overview with links for each version, so you can find information on the app you're using:

Saving, filling, and changing your passwords

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.