1Password iOS crashes after 10 seconds

Options
Gaird
Gaird
Community Member

Hi there,

I have a 10 second crashing issue with 1Password for iOS. The app consistently crashes after 10 seconds, no matter what.

I have updated to latest version, rebooted phone several times, backed up to iTunes. I cannot locate any crash log or Analytics data (iOS 11 has an Analytics section, no Diagnostics & Usage).

• iOS 11.2.5
  • iPhone 7
  • iPassword 7.5.2 (70005002)

DESKTOP
I synced with iTunes and checked this folder
~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/

There are no crash logs for 1Password

DEVICE
iOS 11.2.5, Diagnostics & Usage are no longer there. I searched, nothing comes up.
Under Settings > Privacy, there is an Analytics section
Inspecting the Analytics log, there is nothing listed for 1Password, or Agilebits. It is an alphabetical list, I checked to the end. If your logs are listed by another label, let me know. I can send them, there is an export function.

Under the Analytics section, I have now enabled Share With App Developers, if that helps. Launched and crashed 1Password again to see if you get anything.

Thanks in advance, I need this one fixed, I depend on you!
Gaird

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.5.2
OS Version: 11.2.5
Sync Type: iTunes Desktop

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gaird: If there is no crash data, then it isn't 1Password that's crashing. From your description, it sounds like Spingboard, which is essentially iOS failing to launch it. It may be that restarting your device helps, or reinstalling the app in case it is damaged and that's why iOS can't launch it. Do you have a backup of your data? I'm also a bit confused by the information you included, as there is no version "7.5.2" of 1Password for iOS, and "iTunes Desktop" isn't a sync method that 1Password supports. Let me know what you find!

• Gaird
    Gaird
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty,

Sorry if I was not clear, I synced the device with iTunes, not 1Password, which was a recommended method to get crash logs onto the desktop for inspection.

I mis-stated when I said 7.5.2, its 7.0.5. (I was trying to view the version within 10 secs). 1Password was launching & working fully, just for 10 seconds at a time.

I have deleted and re-installed the app, synced my data, and now it appears to be running OK. That was the one thing not yet tried, thanks! :-)

Gaird

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry if I was not clear, I synced the device with iTunes, not 1Password, which was a recommended method to get crash logs onto the desktop for inspection.

@Gaird: Ah gotcha. Thanks for clarifying!

I mis-stated when I said 7.5.2, its 7.0.5. (I was trying to view the version within 10 secs). 1Password was launching & working fully, just for 10 seconds at a time.

That totally makes sense! Just wanted to confirm. I'm not sure I could have even done that in 10 seconds under pressure. Thank you!

I have deleted and re-installed the app, synced my data, and now it appears to be running OK. That was the one thing not yet tried, thanks! :-)

That's great to hear! Thanks for the update. Hopefully you're all set now, but don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything. Cheers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.