Finding credentials to set up new iPad

gadelsperger
gadelsperger
Community Member

The more I look in the Forum, the loster I get.
On my Mac, I have 1Password 6, purchased in March 2014.
In addition, I have a couple of iPhones and an older iPad that have 1Password, and they all work seamlessly using Dropbox.
I downloaded the 1Password app on the new iPad from the App Store. It asks me to look for credentials using 1Password.com or iCloud. I use neither, and don't seem to have a "membership". The email I just got says I am "licensed", without giving the needed credentials.

I am unsure how to proceed.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gadelsperger

The more I look in the Forum, the loster I get.

Awww, that's definitely not the experience we were hoping you'd get. I'm glad you spoke up instead of continuing to not-find what you were looking for. Sorry for the confusion.

I downloaded the 1Password app on the new iPad from the App Store...The email I just got says I am "licensed", without giving the needed credentials.

To be clear, you don't need any "credentials" for apps purchased from the App Store on iOS -- like every app purchased for iOS, they're tied to your Apple ID, hence no need for license keys or anything else. And if you've been using local data synced via Dropbox, than you neither have nor need a 1password.com account.

You should see a Welcome screen (for new users) when you download and install 1Password for iOS for the first time. Dropbox should be one of your options, right off that very first screen. Is it? If so, click that and navigate to your Agile Keychain or OPVault file, and you should get the lock screen to enter your Master Password.

• gadelsperger
    gadelsperger
    Community Member

I just did a fresh download of iPassword 7 from the App Store.
    Under "Already using 1Password?" the only choices are "1Password.com and iCloud.

• @gadelsperger

There are more options. Depending on the size of your phone screen you may need to scroll down further in order to see them.

Ben

• gadelsperger
    gadelsperger
    Community Member

BINGO!
    There was plenty of margin around the image on the iPad, so I assumed there would be a scroll bar if one was needed.
    Brain Fart of the Day contender.

• No worries. :) It probably could be made more clear there are more options. I’ll bring that point back up with our development team.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.