sync 1password so to automatically fill access data on different devices

Ran
Ran
Community Member

hello.
got 2 platforms (iMac and MacBook).
I need 1password to automatically sync, so that I always have the updated passwords on both devices automatically.
It would be even better if I had the possibility to let 1password to automatically find and fill accounts data on both devices.
Example : I create a data account on my iMac. The day after I enter that account from my MacBook, and it automatically fill data infos by finding them in synced library.
In this case, I will have all data with me everywhere I go without downloading or updating backup files.
This even because I usually create account passwords on both devices, and not in one only.
So I need them to be synced.
thanks.

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac osx 10.12.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018

Welcome to the forum, @Ran!

got 2 platforms (iMac and MacBook)

Not to be pedantic with you, but that's actually only one platform, macOS. Two platforms would be Mac and Windows or Android, etc. The reason I mention it is that you have more options for sync if you're all-Mac. :)

So, you can indeed sync your data, using a few different methods, but before we dive into that, I need to ask: are you already using 1Password on both the MacBook and your iMac? If you already have data in both, then you'll need to find a way to merge these files and take care of removing duplicates. Can you let me know whether you have data in both Macs, only one, or neither (yet)? Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.