My master password isn't working and I can't get back into my vault

Options
electricladee
electricladee
Community Member

I have membership and my special key, but my master password doesn't work. I remember what it, but doesn't work. I've tried the tips in the forum, but still nothing works. Not sure what to do.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 11.2.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My master password isn't working and I can't get back into my vault

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @electricladee! Sorry to hear about the trouble with your Master Password. Are you entering your Master Password directly into the 1password.com website sign-in page, in a browser? Or are you doing this in a 1Password app on an iOS or other device?

In general, your Master Password is known ONLY by you. We never have it and we cannot reset it for you. If we could, that wouldn't be very secure for your data. However, it does mean that if you forget your Master Password, unless you're part of a 1Password Families or 1Password Teams account, your data will be unrecoverable. Before we contemplate that, however, I know you said you'd "tried the tips in the forum," but unless you've already been to this page, I'd like you to try the steps there to see if you can remember/recover your Master Password. Let us know how that works for you, and good luck!

• electricladee
    electricladee
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, I installed the app on my mac and when it prompted me for the Master PW, I tried entering it and it worked. So, I think it is okay now. A little confusing, but I never really spent the time delving deep into the app. It shows that it's sync'd with iCloud. I think I'm good now. I'm going to fill out the Emergency info now.

• electricladee
    electricladee
    Community Member
    Options

But, still doesn't work with I try to login to the website.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018
    Options

@electricladee - I hope you don't mind; I've sent you a quick email to the address you used to register for this site. I think we can drill down on this more effectively in a private conversation instead of here on this public forum. If you don't receive the email, please check your Spam or Bulk email folder, as sometimes overzealous spam filters can mark unsolicited email from us as junk.

ref: IFR-65566-699

• electricladee
    electricladee
    Community Member
    Options

So, here's where I'm at - I have the desktop app on my mac (High Sierra), and I can open it using the Master Password. However, the MP won't work when I try to login to the website. On my iphone, I have a vault that was generated when I subscribed, and the original vault that I set up when I first downloaded 1Password. I can open the desktop app on my Mac with the MP, but I cannot access my account on the website with the MP. The original vault is backed in iCloud. What do I need to do to get my MP working for my account?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @electricladee - I've sent you a reply to your email, so let's keep the conversation going over there, if you don't mind, to avoid confusion.

This discussion has been closed.