Selectively syncing vaults with WLAN Server

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to Sync Additional Vault over WLAN.

Comments

• pnewb
    pnewb
    Community Member
    Options

I've got the same issue. When attempting to "Sync Additional Vault" the only sync option given is Dropbox.

It appears that primary vaults get multiple sync options, and additional vaults are Dropbox only?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pnewb: I'm not sure why you're saying Dropbox is the only option. Secondary vaults can be synced either with Dropbox, another local folder, or using WLAN Server. The first two options are in Preferences > Sync. The latter is in Preferences > WLAN Server. The only exception is Primary vaults, which are always included in WLAN Server, and have the additional option of iCloud. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• pnewb
    pnewb
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty because I stumbled into this topic via a search and didn't realize it was Mac, not iOS. Apologies for the mis-post and I'll refine both my searching and my posting ;)

Looks like my use case (secondary vault being independently sync'd from a computer which does not have my primary vault) isn't supported. I don't mind giving my employer nuke capacity of my phone, but I'm not willing to extend the same to my personal laptop. I use 1password extensively both for work and home, and was hoping to have no overlap aside from my phone with home and work vaults. Ah well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brenty because I stumbled into this topic via a search and didn't realize it was Mac, not iOS. Apologies for the mis-post and I'll refine both my searching and my posting ;)

@pnewb: Aha! That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. No need to apologize. I'll split you off into a separate discussion in the iOS category then. :)

Looks like my use case (secondary vault being independently sync'd from a computer which does not have my primary vault) isn't supported.

Ah, indeed, that is correct. The Primary vault is the container that also handles syncing of any secondary local vaults with WLAN Server.

I don't mind giving my employer nuke capacity of my phone, but I'm not willing to extend the same to my personal laptop. I use 1password extensively both for work and home, and was hoping to have no overlap aside from my phone with home and work vaults. Ah well.

Can you elaborate on this? I'm not quite sure I understand your situation, or how your employer would be able to nuke your phone or laptop — at least in regard to 1Password. Maybe there's another option that would help in your case. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.