Is there really no way to copy a password in 1Password Mini on Windows with a shortcut like on Mac?

on Mac in 1Password Mini you can use CMD+Shift+C to copy a password in 1Password Mini for whatever item you have highlighted after performing a search. I see that you can use CTRL+Shift+C in the main 1Password app for Windows to do (relatively) the same thing (although it asks which one you want from username/password and requires extra steps which is atrociously slow) but there does not appear to be a way to do anything with 1Password Mini in Windows other than press enter on an item to trigger it to open the web page and (if you have the plugin) autofill the user/password combo. I work in a place where I cannot install the plugin into the browser so I have to copy the passwords out of 1Password manually but since 1Password Mini does not work that way then 1Password on Windows is basically useless for inserting into my workflow. Is this really true or am I just missing something?

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:1password mini windows copy

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@intripidsilence: As I'm sure you've noticed, menus and windowing work very differently on Windows than they do on macOS, so it isn't quite that simple. You can, however, use Ctrl Shift C in the main 1Password window to grab either the username or password quickly. You can find the other keyboard shortcuts 1Password supports on our support site, and we'll be adding to that list as we continue to develop the new version. Thanks for your feedback on this!

P.S: I'm interested to hear more about the situation where you can't install browser extensions, as typically we hear the opposite: that it isn't possible to install native apps. Which browser(s) are you using?

• intripidsilence
    intripidsilence
    Community Member

I cannot install the browser extension for Chrome or Firefox. I knew about the shortcuts defined in the support doc. As usual my frustration stems from how crappy Windows is. I have not had to use it in many years and I am always astonished how bad it is when I have to go back. Thanks for your reply and I hope you guys are able to figure out a way to add this functionality.

• @intripidsilence: Normally, I tend to discourage using 1Password.com in lieu of an app, but given you're not allowed to install the extensions and can't fill with the app anyway, you might find using 1Password.com to copy passwords on Windows is a bit better for you until we get keyboard shortcuts into mini. Ctrl + Shift + C on 1Password.com should copy the password by default saving you some steps. :+1:

I'm the exact opposite of you and always get frustrated when I have to use macOS instead of Windows, but I think this all comes down to what you're used to. I grew up with Windows and have used it as long as I can remember so what many see as bugs, I've effectively made part of my workflow. :tongue: I am still known to curse at it now and again, but I love it all the same. :chuffed:

• intripidsilence
    intripidsilence
    Community Member

To each his own but sometime for grins count the number of steps you have to take in each OS to get the same things done. It will nearly always be fewer in macOS.

• @intripidsilence: I'm sure you're right, but on Windows those steps are second-nature. On macOS, I still have to think ... sometimes, anyway. :wink:

• intripidsilence
    intripidsilence
    Community Member

That is familiarity, not a comparison of capability.

• Oh, I know it. I'd never argue Windows is better, just what I'm used to. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.