appleid.apple.com login information not filled on iOS

Hello,

Just found a bug in filling the login information on iOS for appleid.apple.com sites. Tried that in internal browser and in Safari as well, does not work in both. In a browser on my Mac everything works fine. So maybe a problem with the mobile site?

1Password Version: 7.0.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.2.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey, @ondrejfuhrer. Unfortunately, one of the limitations of the 1Password extension on iOS is that it's unable to fill on websites that place their sign-in form within an iframe, which is what Apple is doing here. In this case, I'm afraid you'll be limited to copy/pasting your Apple credentials when using your iOS device. I'm sorry I don't have a better solution for you. Let me know if you have any questions.

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member

Hey @DaltonD ,

Thank you for your reply. That is truly unfortunate. Just curious if that is a limitation that is set by Apple or it is something, that just was not yet implemented (so there is a chance it will be in the future)?

• @ondrejfuhrer: It's a mix of iOS limitations and our choice to avoid security issues related to iframes. I recommend taking a look at Jamie's (he heads our extension team) more in-depth explanation if you're interested in learning more:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/384297/#Comment_384297

We're hoping to improve how 1Password interacts with iframes on iOS in the future, but there's no timeline to share right now. Let me know if you have any further questions. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.