Multiple Vaults on Windows PC for work, single vault on Mac and iOS?

Options

Hi,
I use 1 password on MacOS, iOS and Windows with a single vault stored on Dropbox. All working great for some time.

I now need to store several passwords for work, these cannot be stored outside of the company even when encrypted.

Can I therefore have the existing single Dropbox vault on Mac and iPhone and on my work Windows PC have this Dropbox vault and a file system vault that is only accessed from this Windows PC? With both vaults open on the Windows PC at the same time?

Thanks
D

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @itisilefunk: 1Password 4 for Windows doesn't have an All Vaults view, so for right now, you'd need to switch between your new work vault and the existing vault on your PC. You can't have both open at once. That said, when 1Password 7 for Windows is ready, that will totally be doable. For now, switching between vaults isn't terribly cumbersome. In 1Password 4, choose File > Reopen 1Password vault and you'll see vaults you've previously opened listed there for a quick swap. :chuffed:

• itisilefunk
    itisilefunk
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bundtkate - thanks for the quick response.

Any idea when v7 is out, even in Beta form? Will this still mean my Dropbox vault will be available for 1P for Mac and iOS?

Thanks
    D

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @itisilefunk,

1Password 7 for Windows is in Alpha at the moment and you can learn more about its current state in our neighbour forum here.

With 1Password 7 for Windows you will be able to add several local vaults to 1Password and then view them at the same time without switching between them, like in 1Password 4. We do not have any ETAs for beta, so please stay tuned for more news. They are coming, I assure you. :)

Have you tried switching between vaults in 1Password 4? Does it work for you?

Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• bkh
    bkh
    Community Member
    Options

For now, switching between vaults isn't terribly cumbersome. In 1Password 4, choose File > Reopen 1Password vault and you'll see vaults you've previously opened listed there for a quick swap.

svondutch put in a keyboard shortcut for this. If you have the 1Password 4 main app open, and you only have 2 vaults, then you can just type Ctrl-2 to 1Password and it will switch to the other vault (you still have to type that vault's master password to unlock it.)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great tip! Thank you! :chuffed:

You can also find many other keyboard shortcuts in our knowledgebase. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.