1password causes Chrome on Mac to lose click response

Options

Hello,

I've been dogged by the same problem that many users have reported -- single click are completely disabled in Chrome after I'm asked to save a login, and only being able to induce clicks by double clicking. It makes using a lot of form controls near impossible.

Disabling Chrome's password prompts is not an option in my case, as was recommended to other users who've reported the issue previously. Whether or not it's a bug in Chrome, it only manifests itself when I use the 1Password Mini extension. I have not had the same problem with other password managers.

Apart from being forced to migrate to a competing password manager, is there anything you can advise? Are there any plans to modify the implementation of the extension so it doesn't trigger this bug?

I have a lot of work invested in 1Password personally, and I'd like to be able to recommend it as a password management solution across my entire company, but I need to know if this bug is being taken seriously before I can recommend it!

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018
    Options

@stevediabo: Thanks for taking the time to reach out about this. I'm sorry to hear that you're having this problem, but as you yourself noted, it's an issue we're aware of yet have no control over because it's a bug in Chrome. While I'm glad that you've only encountered this problem while using 1Password, not everyone is that fortunate(?), as it has affected users of other extensions in Chrome as well, which can make it even harder to track down.

Unfortunately, since we don't have the means to fix problems with other people's software, this isn't something we can help you with directly, apart from the advice you're already aware of. We also do not have plans to modify our own software to try to work around this. There's no guarantee we'd even be successful, and it could impact users of 1Password which are not affected by this Chrome bug — which is, to be clear, most 1Password users — for the sake of working around an issue which already has an existing workaround — that is, disabling the insecure built-in autofill functionality in the browser itself, which we always recommend to everyone regardless of whether or not they experience this particular Chrome bug at all.

I'm sorry if that means you'd rather give up using 1Password entirely, but I'd much prefer you use a competitor's product than Chrome's built-in autofill if you're not happy using 1Password. We want our users to not only be happy and not feel trapped, but to actually be secure, and using Chrome's autofill isn't doing you any favours there I'm afraid. I can't make you heed this advice, but I hope you will even if you do go with competing software out of spite. Stay safe out there.

This discussion has been closed.