Windows Chrome extension buggy. Works after a few tries

Options

Hi. My Windows 1Password Chrome extension has been buggy for the last 6 months or so. Sometimes when I click, it opens and works on the 1st click (ie: fills in the fields). Sometimes it takes a few clicks for it to work. Sometimes it doesn't even show the drop-down list of logins until after a few clicks.
I have deleted and reinstalled the extension a few times. I have also tried restarting the laptop. Still behaves same way. It happens at all times during the day. It's not downloading any updates and not sluggish because of some other process that I can tell. Everything is always up-to-date. Chrome version: Version 64.0.3282.186 (Official Build) (64-bit). 1Password extension: 4.7.0.90

Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• pixel41
    pixel41
    Community Member
    Options

Anyone have any idea what's going on or how I can fix this?
    Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pixel41: Thanks for getting in touch! Some users have reported similar issues with recent browser changes. Have you tried using the keyboard shortcut — Ctrl \? I don't know what you mean by "It's not downloading any updates and not sluggish because of some other process that I can tell." so if you can elaborate on that maybe there's some other insight I can offer. However, while we were able to update 1Password 4 to support recent versions of Firefox and Chrome, it is very old and there are some real limitations to what we can do with it at this point. So our focus is on getting 1Password 7 ready, since that's a brand new codebase using Microsoft's latest tools so we can continue to evolve 1Password on Windows for many more years to come. It's not quite ready for local vaults and Dropbox yet, but a 1Password.com membership will get you 1Password 6 today and 1Password 7 as well once that's finished. You can try that for free if you'd like. Anyway, let me know if the shortcut works better for you in Chrome. Are you using Native Messaging there (Help > Advanced)?

• pixel41
    pixel41
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. And I just meant that my laptop is not downloading any updates and it's not sluggish, so background processes wouldn't be the cause of 1Password not working.
    The shortcut Ctrl \ doesn't work for me. For instance, on this page, if I click the 1Password icon in the browser, I get the menu with the agilebits.com login at the top. But if I use the shortcut, I don't get the agilebits.com login.

And I realize you guys have shifted all your focus to the subscription-based 1Password. But I paid to have 1PW installed on my laptop and then also paid to have it on my Apple devices and would prefer not to have to pay a recurring fee now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks. And I just meant that my laptop is not downloading any updates and it's not sluggish, so background processes wouldn't be the cause of 1Password not working.

@pixel41: Thanks for clarifying! That's really helpful to know. :)

The shortcut Ctrl \ doesn't work for me. For instance, on this page, if I click the 1Password icon in the browser, I get the menu with the agilebits.com login at the top. But if I use the shortcut, I don't get the agilebits.com login.

Sorry, I should have been clearer too. On this page you won't have a login form, so Ctrl \, the "fill login" shortcut, is irrelevant. I just thought you were trying to fill logins. If not, to just bring up 1Password mini, hit Ctrl Alt \ instead. You can also try setting the shortcut to something else in Preferences > Logins in case there's some conflict on your system. Does that open it as expected?

And I realize you guys have shifted all your focus to the subscription-based 1Password.

Not quite. We've already announced that 1Password 7 will also use local vaults, and initial support is already available in the alpha. ;)

But I paid to have 1PW installed on my laptop and then also paid to have it on my Apple devices and would prefer not to have to pay a recurring fee now.

Absolutely. But although you probably haven't paid for an upgrade for a while, none of those apps are going to be updated for free indefinitely. Otherwise we won't be around to make those updates in the future. A 1Password.com membership means you won't have to pay a fee for any new version, or you can continue buying the upgrade for each separately. However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it also includes the web interface, Travel Mode, and does away with sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits, and if you'll shoot us an email at support@1password.com we'll be happy to help you make the transition if you decide you want to do that. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.