Auto-type feature in new Windows app [coming in a future update]

2»

Comments

• bundtkatebundtkate

Team Member

I don't think anyone is claiming Type in Window is the same as auto-type, @benjamint. Mike even specifically laid out the very fundamental differences between the two in an early reply to this thread. That said, it is the closest thing available right now and with auto-type itself wearing some fairly varied hats for different people, there certainly could be some scenarios where it fits the bill. I even found myself finally using it on my Surface recently to work around my utter lack of familiarity with Windows' implementation of a touch interface, much to my surprise (I never even used auto-type all that much). Anyway, it does fill in some gaps and is worth knowing about, but definitely not something I'd personally cite as a full replacement. We do want to implement true auto-type when we're able to take the time to do it right. I don't know when that will be, but I certainly have my fingers crossed that's sooner rather than later. :chuffed:

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@benjamint: My comment to someone else last year, regarding 1Password 7, was this:

This Windows app did not even exist in 2014. The one we had at that time did have an Auto-Type feature.

That's a true statement, but I apologize that it cause (future-)you some confusion more than a year later. That wasn't my intention. Have a good weekend. :)

• phdoephdoe
    edited August 3

Still no news about the implementation date?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Not yet @phdoe, but it will come in a future update, so keep an eye on the release notes ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file