1Password did not ask to save my login when registering for this site

I decided to register for this site to ask a question, so I filled in the details and used the password generator in the password field, and saved my account.

1Password did not offer to save my details. I had copied the password, so I logged out and back in again and then it asks if I want to save the password... shouldn't 1Password save my password details on the sign-up page?

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @matty666,

That's odd. I tested both 1Password for Mac and 1Password for Windows and in both cases I was prompted to save a Login item on the registration page. I confess I'm unsure why you weren't prompted. I was about to ask if it was correctly prompting you elsewhere but you did say that prompted when you next signed in. I wish I could offer a plausible explanation as to our different experiences but at the moment I can't. Have you had any other instances since then where you would expect 1Password to prompt and it hasn't?

• matty666
    matty666
    Community Member

Yeah I thought you would have tested it with your own site. I just signed up for an account at rebellion.co.uk and that did the same thing. I had to log in before it offered to save the login, rather on submission of the sign-up form.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@matty666 - Hmmm...in Settings > Browsers, is Autosave toggled on? If not, turn it on. If it was already turned on, can you try toggling it off, then restarting 1Password and toggling it back on again? Also, please delete and re-install your 1Password Chrome extension. Let us know how that works for you.

• matty666
    matty666
    Community Member

Thanks @Lars I've done that and I'll see how I get on

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Weird. If you continue to see the same behaviour let us know and we'll try and figure out why we're experiencing different behaviour.

This discussion has been closed.