feature suggestion - favorites sorting

Options

it would be useful to allow for specific sorting of logins, specifically for the browser plugin. for example, i have a number of google logins (Google abc, Google 123, etc) but I want the one that is my default to appear at the top of the drop down list. typically I achieve this by prefixing the name with a asterisk but all symbols cause the entry to sort to the bottom of the list. also, having to prefix the login name with a character changes where it appears alphabetically in the desktop app. i tried marking my preferred login as a favorite but it doesn't affect the order that it appears in the browser plugin (ideally, showing favorites first may be the best solution.).

thanks for the consideration. awesome product!
loyal customer and promoter since 2008 (v1.0)

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:sort

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @golfnut,

Favourites should appear at the top of the list so if they aren't it suggests that your various items for a particular site have different URLs stored in the website field. Running with the Google example, their sign-in page is on the subdomain accounts.google.com so if some Login items match that perfectly they're considered a better match than those that only match the google.com or registered domain name. Even if a Login item is flagged as a favourite, if it only matches google.com it will only appear at the top of the list of partial matches.

Typically what results in the right outcome is to check over the Login items and have them all store the same URL. That way they all match either the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) which in this case is the accounts.google.com or the registered domain name google.com. The best URL to use would be the accounts.google.com one as then you can also use open-and-fill.

If that doesn't resolve it please let us know.

• golfnut
    golfnut
    Community Member
    Options

that was exactly the issue! once I modified the url/s to all be https://accounts.google.com, my favorite then appeared at the top. thanks for the quick response. glad i was able to identify an awesome feature request... that .. already ... existed.... derp..

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @golfnut,

I've seen this a few times so don't worry, you're far from alone and the URL stuff even confuses some of us here at AgileBits. For something that feels like it should be easy it doesn't seem to be very intuitive. Glad we could help get things working better for you though :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.