Fingerprint or Pin not working

andkan7917
andkan7917
Community Member

Hello
I have a Samsung Galaxy S8Plus. I have allways used fingerprint to unlock my 1Password vault on my phone. I reseted my phone and after reinstalling 1Password I cant get the fingerprint ulock feature to work. It only a problem in 1Password. I have tried to reinstall the app, even reset my phone once again, but no. Nothing happens when I turn it on. I tried to switch to pin code, that worked until I close the app. Once I close the app it sets it self back to password unlock. I have android version 8.

1Password Version: 6.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: 1Password account
Referrer: forum-search:fingerprint and pin not working

Comments

• Hey @andkan7917. Thanks for reaching out.

First, regarding the issue with the PIN code, that works differently than Fingerprint Unlock. For the PIN code to be required, 1Password needs to remain running in the background. If you switch away from 1Password and then go back, it should require the PIN. However, if you swipe 1Password closed from the list of recent apps, or if you tap 'Exit' when leaving, it will close 1Password and you need to unlock with the Master Password.

As to Fingerprint Unlock, it should be working on your S8+. Have you enrolled fingerprints in the device settings? Are you seeing any error messages when enabling Fingerprint Unlock in 1Password?

• andkan7917
    andkan7917
    Community Member

Hello
    Thanks for the anwnser about pin. Now I understand.

As for the fingerprint problem, it presists. I am uasing fingerprint to unlock my phone, no problem and on other apps. When I enter 1password and choose to enable it it used to turn on imidetly. But now I have to press a cuple of times, then it sais "enable fingerprint?", then when I place my fingerprint on the scanner the message dissapears (as it used to do) but no fingerprint is enabled and the slider says off. Verry frustrating.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@andkan7917: That's really odd. Definitely try disabling the fingerprint read completely, restart your device, and then set it up again. That may do the trick. Let me know how it goes!

• andkan7917
    andkan7917
    Community Member

I have tried that. I have even tried to reset and reinstall my phone. Nothing worked, until suddenly it just started working today. Do not know why, but I am very happy. I think there may been a issue with 1password and in the newest android vesion 8, but I do not know. But now it works

• Thanks for the update, @andkan7917! I'm glad to hear it's working now!

This discussion has been closed.