1Password extension in Chrome for OSX opens new window

Options
bensieg
bensieg
Community Member
edited March 2018 in Mac

I did the most recent update for 1Password via Mac app store and now 1P extension in Chrome opens a new, separate window when I click on the "open and fill" within a login, rather than opening a new tab for the window I already have open. If I click on the login it will open in the same window but not when I click on "open and fill" within that particular Login item. This is super annoying because I have many web dev projects where I will have a domain.dev.cc local dev environment for a domain.com live site where I do local development for, so I'll have multiple links for a single Login that all use the same user/pass combo, you know, that works for the local dev environment and for the live site environment. Or take for example Adobe, it requires you use the same Adobe user/pass combo for all of their products and they multiple login pages, so I put those all into one Login and then click on the login to drill down to the specific link I want to login to—I don't want these opening new windows, I want them opening new tabs in the window I already have open. I don't want this new experience of a new window opening, it didn't do this before the update. I restarted my computer after the update. I don't know how to change this or stop it from happening.

1Password Version: 6.8.8 (688001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bensieg - Sorry for the trouble! I just tested your experience here and can't replicate it. The first thing I'd suggest you do is remove 1Password's Chrome extension, restart Chrome, then visit our extensions page and grab a fresh copy of 1Password's Chrome extension and install it. Let me know how that works for you.

• bensieg
    bensieg
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, will do. This will take some time today and will follow up.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bensieg - no worries! We've usually got someone here, although it may not always be the same person. Take your time. :)

• bensieg
    bensieg
    Community Member
    Options

I only restarted my computer, not my browser. Restarting the computer just opens the same browser sessions and doesn't Quit the browser, so I quit the browser after restarting the computer again and reopened the browser and now everything works fine.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, well even though it can reopen apps for you again, it isn't really saving their actual state so you're effectively restarting the browser too. Glad that helped. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.