Standalone: pricing between cox and osx versions

For Standalone iOS 1PWD shows $13.99, while OSX shows $89.99. what is the difference?? Can I purchase just one? Do I need to purchase both to perform syncing? Must admit, your pricing structure is quite confusing.

1Password Version: 6.8.7 and latest IOS
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: standalone
Referrer: forum-search:standalone

Comments

• that should be iOS and not cox...

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @rlatchu,

We don’t recommend our standalone offerings to new customers. If you’d like to have a seamless 1Password experience on both Mac and iOS our recommendation would be our 1Password.com membership service. Membership gives you access to the latest versions of all of our 1Password native apps. There are no separate upgrade fees when a new version comes out. You also don’t need to configure syncing with a 3rd party — sync is a core part of the service. By simply signing into your membership account on each device you’ll have your data accessible to you.

You can learn more here:

1Password

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Hello Ben, your reply does not answer my question. "Standalone: Pricing (differences) between iOS and osx versions"

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member

@rlatchu - I think Ben was merely pointing out that we don't recommend people purchasing standalone versions of our apps, partly because each must be maintained/upgraded separately, licenses managed, etc.

However, we do still offer the option for those who prefer to use 1Password in standalone mode with local data. The answer to your question is that if you are a new user and not using a 1password.com account (which comes with unlimited access to all four of our native applications - Mac, Windows, iOS and Android), then you will need to purchase 1Password for every platform on which you intend to use it. You can't just buy the least-expensive (iOS or Android) and use that to sync with the desktop version. Using traditional licenses, 1Password is licensed per-person AND per-platform, so you can purchase only those platforms you need. If you have an iOS device (or multiple iOS devices) and one or more Macs, you would want both a license for 1Password 6 for Mac and to make the in-app purchase for 1Password for iOS as well.

• Hello,
    So I decided to take your advice, only to get confused yet again with your pricing. Your web shows $2.99 per month for what I think is a yearly contract, and via your app it shows "Subscribe now for $5.49". I have tried & tested, & want to subscribe for a year. I'd like to go for the $2.99 option.

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member

@rlatchu - $2.99/mo is the cost for an annual-payment subscription for an individual 1password.com account. If you want to actually pay monthly (instead of annually), it's $3.99/mo. If you want a 1Password Families subscription or you are paying via Apple Subscription instead of directly through us, it will be more as well. If you want an individual account, I suggest you subscribe via the web (or the billing tab of your account, in the right sidebar).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file