Bought 1Password standalone version then computer died. Was charged again on new computer.

I bought 1Password the standalone version through the Mac App Store and used the in app purchase for $64.99 to activate it. Then my 2011 computer died. When I got a new MacBook laptop recently and downloaded 1Password I had to purchase the software a 2nd time. I then disputed the charge with Apple and they refunded me. However, 1Password returned me back to read-only. I just want to be able to use the software that I paid for on my new computer. Please help. (I have two Apple IDs and maybe this is contributing to the issue, but I have downloaded 1Password with each Apple ID and the problem still persists)

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @sromstadt,

In most cases when a refund has been issued by Apple they prevent you from ever using what was refunded on that Apple ID again. To use 1Password you’d need to uninstall it (drag it to the trash), and the install it from the Mac App Store while logged into the Apple ID that you made the purchase on (but have not received a refund).

Having multiple Apple IDs is not recommended and will almost certainly cause further purchasing issues like this for you in the future. If at all possible I’d highly recommend picking one and sticking with it. Apple is very inflexible about purchasing across multiple IDs.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file