Hide items in 1Password mini

Hello,

I have a lot of passwords for some websites but few I use on a regular basis. It would be great to have an option to hide the passwords that I do not use on a regular basis. I know I could put them in a separate vaults but that is not a possible workflow for me. A simple "hide in browser" option would do.

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @gilles,

You're in luck, if you edit a Login item you will see two new options appear, one of which is titled display. The default is Always but if it is set to Never display in browser then it will not be displayed in 1Password mini. The downside is the only way to use it is by open-and-fill from the main 1Password window or altering the item and resetting the display option. If you require occasional use and open-and-fill won't work for any reason then a second vault may be the only other option.

• teradyl
    teradyl
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

I came here because I was confused as to why 1password mini was sometimes only showing me one option and hiding others with a "show N more logins", since that's exactly the feature we want here. (I also have used the never display in browser, but it is highly sub-optimal when you in fact do want to use that login)

So, my hack for this would be to play around with the website the login uses to match to the website you're on, and you may be able to get just one to show up by default and the others to be hidden in the "show more options" link of 1password mini.

If you got that working, the Cmd + \ would immediately fill, and you could manually click 1password mini to choose your other logins.

@1Password, if you were able to add this as a proper feature that would be great!

• @teradyl,

For what its worth, 1Password 7 completely does away with "show N more items" in its mini interface.

This discussion has been closed.