Error while setting up Android <-> Windows sync with migrated vault [Fixed in 7.0.530]

Options
Smileybarry
Smileybarry
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I installed 1Password 7 for Windows on my Windows 10 PC, migrated my vault from agilekeychain to opvault (using 1Password 7, not import/export), and now my Android 8.1 phone can't set up a sync with the opvault-formatted vault. The error I get on Android is "error during sync (%1)" (missing string and all). This is happening with both the beta Android version (7.0.BETA-2) and the stable (6.7).

Since 1P for Android doesn't have a "clear and reinitialize" option, I deleted the app's data there and went through initial sync again. When that failed as above, I tried uninstalling & reinstalling the beta & stable versions and went through the process again, only to get the same error message above. I have the logs from 1P7 on both Windows & Android if necessary.

To clarify, 1P7 for Windows seems to have migrated my vault successfully -- everything seems in place -- and it can sync with it. But the Android app just won't, while handling the older format perfectly.

This was done migrating from 1Password for Windows 4.6.2.626 to the newly-released 1Password for Windows 7.0.529.BETA.

The vault itself was created around 1Password 3 or 4 for Windows, and there might be a compatibility issue there as the last time I tried migrating to opvault using 1P4's import/export feature I encountered some data loss.

1Password Beta Version: 7.0.529.BETA
1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
1Password for Android Version: 6.7 through 7.0.BETA-2
Extension Version: 4.7.1.2
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 1703 (OS Build 15063.966)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• timbishop
    timbishop
    Community Member
    Options

I don't have anything helpful to add other than "me too!". I've gone through exactly the same process and I get the same error as you. Glad it's not just me, at least!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@timbishop, @Smileybarry: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! I believe we've identified the issue preventing 1Password for Android recognizing the vault. Technically the Android app is getting stuck on something it shouldn't, but it should be fairly easy (famous last words!) for us to work around this in an update to the Windows beta. Keep an eye out for a new release!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

We've fixed the issue and just shipped 7.0.530 update to fix this.

When you install this update, make a small change in the vault within 1Password 7 for Windows, let it sync and it'll then work in 1Password for Android.

Please let us know how it turns out.

• timbishop
    timbishop
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT it works now - thank you!

• MikeT
    Options

Awesome to hear that, thanks for helping us with this!

• wraith
    wraith
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

@MikeT Is there something special you need to do beyond making a change? I'm running 7.0.532 and have migrated to opvault, and updated/saved a login. I've then copied that opvault onto my android phone and tried open a local vault and it fails saying "A 1Password vault wasn't found in this folder". Android app version 6.7.3 (running on a Samsung S9 with Android 8.0

• Smileybarry
    Smileybarry
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT Finally got a chance to reinstall 1P7W on my main PC, redid the process -- and it works great now. I'm using OPVault now on both Android and Windows.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

@Smileybarry, that's great to hear, thanks for letting me know.

@wraith, I believe that is because the Android app does not support OPVault yet via Folder sync. I would ask about it in our thread here.

• wraith
    wraith
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @MikeT , it never occurred to me that this wouldn't have been fixed now Windows and Mac default to OPvault. I'll raise it there but that makes me unable to use 1Password 7 :(

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wraith,

I admit myself that I wasn’t aware of this either. I did test with Dropbox, it supports OPVault there but not via Folder Sync. Hopefully, they’ll be able to add it there soon.🤞

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

In case it helps anyone else, we'll be adding full support for OPVault in 1Password for Android version 7. Cheers! :)

• MikeT
    edited May 2018
    Options

Just want to give you guys an update, the latest 1Password 7 Beta for Android supports OPVault now via Folder Sync. /cc @wraith

• wraith
    wraith
    Community Member
    Options

Fantastic! Thanks @MikeT that's great news :)

• MikeT
    Options

You’re welcome. Keep sending in your feedback, we love hearing from you.

This discussion has been closed.