Trying to open safenote from 1Password mini doesn't work

reck
reck
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

HI, just trying out 1Password 7 beta for the first time.

When I click the 1Password icon in the system tray or the button in the browser to bring up 1Password mini and click a Safenote to view it nothing happens.

Also there doesn't appear to be a way to just display Safenotes in mini like I can other items like identities and credit cards. I have a lot of safenotes and would much rather filter by only showing them rather than some of the other items,

1Password Version: 7.0.529
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Anyone got any ideas why I can’t view Safenotes from 1P mini?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@reck - All items should be available in a search in the mini, but you DO have to select All Items in the sidebar of the mini. The only other categories there are Credit Cards, Logins, Passwords and Identities, so you won't be able to select the Secure Notes category directly, but All Items should allow you to search for everything, including Secure Notes. Give it a try!

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Ok but any idea why I cant open\view Safenotes?

• Hi @reck,

It depends on what you mean by not opening it:

1. You can right-click on it to view it in the main 1Password app
    2. 1Password mini doesn't display note fields due to the flexibility of note field being of any length
    3. 1Password mini is limited to the four categories that is designed to work with 1Password extensions, so it can fill them into websites. Right now, it cannot display all categories but we do plan to rebuild 1Password mini to show a detail viewer like in the macOS version of 1Password. For the moment, that's not planned for the first release of 1Password 7.
  • reck
    reck
    Community Member

What I mean is that when I want to view the contents of a secure note I click the 1Password icon (in Windows or browser) and I can see the note listed but when I click it the menu dissapears and nothing happens.

My expection was that if I click the note it would open in 1P so I could view it. After all why list something you can't click on and view?

I've discovered that if I right-click a note it brings up a menu and I can select to view it in 1Password, so i'm doing that as a work-around or just opening the full 1Password screen and not using 1Password mini.

Why can't left-clicking an item in 1Password mini open the open so you can see the contents?

• @reck sorry for the confusion, indeed that would be helpful to have preview in mini and we have plans to get it there. Meanwhile, if you activate mini by Ctrl+Alt+\ and click (or ENTER) on any item there, it will open selected item in main window. Hope that helps :)

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

if you activate mini by Ctrl+Alt+\ and click (or ENTER) on any item there, it will open selected item in main window.

Sergey that's what I thought would happen but that doesn't happen on my computer. When I click on an item (Secure note\Identity) it doesn't open it in the main window it just closes the mini window.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

I just wanted to point out that i'm not asking for any changes to the mini interface at all. Just that when I click an item in mini that it opens it up in the main window so I can view it.

• @reck

Ctrl+\ used on top of browser window opens mini in browser mode, you can tell by "filling in chrome" message at the bottom. Clicking an item in browser mode will try to send that item to the browser, which apparently have little meaning for secure note and click is just ignored.

Ctrl+Alt+\ opens mini in detached mode (message is "opening in default browser"), unaware of browser. Secure note activation there must open app with your note. I've tried both scenarios just now to confirm it works, but if you observe different result - please send us a Diagnostics Report, so we can try and figure out why it's not working for you.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

I can see why everyone has been confused now. When I click a secure note it doesn't open up and 1Password just closes.

I'll send over a diag report, thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, gotcha. Looking forward to it! :)

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Hi, i've sent over the diag report and Bitbots given me the following ID:-#LNQ-45288-583.

Thanks for taking a look.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@reck: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to as soon as we can! :)

ref: LNQ-45288-583

This discussion has been closed.